Monday, January 14, 2008

What a Pleasant Surprise . . .

when I walked into work this morning and who should be walking down the hall toward my room but . . . . . . . . Marie! I could not believe it, but she was in to sub for my aide, Joyce today! For those of you who might not know it, but Marie was my aide for 5 and a half years. She officially "retired" at the end of the 2005-2006 school year when, due to class sizes and student realignments, we found out I was no longer going to have an aide. So instead of being reassigned, Marie retired. My students must have thought we were crazy, but all we did was talk and laugh all day . . . it was great getting all caught up on what has been happening in her life over the past 18 months. Oh my God, was it fabulous to have her back! I felt like she had never left. All seemed right with the world! I already have her scheduled to come in for another day on January 25th . . . Maybe we won't be talking so much that day . . . Fat chance!

Didn't get any more preplann-ing done yester-day, but I did get this layout done for my Summer 2007 album. It was inspired by a layout Susan at Lifetime Moments did for last Thursday's newsletter. Really in the mood to scrap this week but I know that I need to save my creating for my weekend at Archiver's. Only three more days of work and then I am out of here! Already starting the countdown!

Glad to see the San Diego Chargers win yesterday. My brother, Dick, was ecstatic! Being that he is a Chargers fan, living and working in Indianapolis, should have been a fun day for him at work today! Even though it might seem highly unlikely, I would love to see San Diego go all the way to the Super Bowl. Their next opponent is New England and Tom Brady . . . I'm not going to hold my breath. Not surprised that Dallas lost to the Giants.

Hope everyone had a fabulous Monday. Have a great evening!

No comments: