Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Back to the Grind . . .

Well my big scrapping weekend is officially over . . . bummed but ready to get back to the routine. I am off again in 2 short weeks . . . heading down to Columbus for a special ed conference for two days. I will be staying at the Hilton at Easton so I definitely see some more scrapping shopping in my future!

Thought I would show you one more layout I finished up on Sunday. This is a picture of Mark's sister Lynne and Aiden which was taken when we were vacationing in the Outer Banks this past June. Loving all the buttons I used as a "frame" and the Heidi Swapp ghost hearts on the bottom left of the photo. Once again I used a Becky Fleck sketch as my design inspiration for the layout.

Today's Ten On Tuesday is "Ten Things That Were Better "Way Back When", so here goes . . . .
  1. First and foremost . . . the price of gas!

  2. I probably shouldn't bring this up and I am working on correcting the situation but . . . my weight.

  3. Respect in the classroom . . . as a teacher you know I had to add this one in.

  4. Paparazzi and the media attention paid to the rich and famous. . . I am sick and tired of hearing about the trials and tribulations of stars and other famous people as they screw up their $100,000,000 lives . . . take that Brittney Spears and Paris Hilton!

  5. The presidential election process . . . I actually remember when the campaigning didn't actually start until after Labor Day during an election year!

  6. Major League Baseball . . . clean-up the record books and get rid of the steroid driven records set over the past 10 or 12 years!

  7. The Today Show . . . not into Meredith Vieira at all . . . take me back to the days for Katie Couric or maybe even Jane Pauley and Tom Brokaw.
  8. Customer service . . . I just hate having to call some business now and you have to go through 10 million prompts to end up getting to the wrong person and they really don't seem to give a darn what your problem is anyway.
  9. Kids playing outside . . . I remember many a night staying outside until the last possible minute playing ball or some other group activity with the neighborhood kids.
  10. Attire . . . I am definitely tired of looking at some teenage girl's boobies. Where are the days when attire was by far more modest and not so sex driven.

There you go . . . made it to ten this week! Gotta get moving . . . lots to do at school today. Looks like our weather this morning is going downhill quickly . . . schools are starting to call in 2 hour delays . . . keep your fingers crossed that we are delayed! Have a great Tuesday everyone!

No comments: