Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Hump Day . . .

Middle of the week . . . it is downhill from here! And to top it all off . . . today is an early release day which means students leave at 12:55 PM! Staff still has to stay until 2:55 PM, but the time to get work completed, uninterrupted, is heavenly. Also on the agenda this afternoon . . . I am trying out a new salon/stylist to get my hair cut. Even though Steve has been cutting my hair for over ten years now, I am in the mood for a change. Hope I am satisfied . . . .

My new aide, Joyce, starts this morning too. Got the room are all arranged so she can have her own area. She has been working for the county for just about a year now and has had an assignment at our off site severe behavior unit. Hope she likes coming over to Elida . . . I think she will be pleasantly surprised with how quiet it is in my room. Knock on wood . . . I honestly don't deal with a whole lot of negative behaviors in my room, mainly just students being stubborn. Seems as if once they realize who is running the show, we have very few, if any, physical and verbal altercations.

Thought I would post another layout I did over the weekend. I think this picture of my dad was taken sometime in the mid to late 50s. Since his birthday was December 24th, we always had a big family get-together on Christmas Eve. Loved those family times together! And it never seemed to fail, but my dad would always fall asleep before the last guest had left for home. Take note of the beer cans stacked in the bottom left of the photo . . . sure hope those were placed there for the picture and not what Bob had consumed for the evening! But then again, even though I hate to admit it, he probably could have drank them all on his own anyway.

Hey everyone, have a great Hump Day!

1 comment:

lessilly said...

Good luck with the new stylist... changing to a new one is always scary.