Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year, New Blog . . . .

Well, once again I "rang" in the New Year by sleeping right through it . . . quite the party animal, right? In an effort to save some pennies, I will be giving up my TypePad blog the end of January and have found a new home right here. Since my attempt to blog more often last year was definitely not achieved, I figured it would be better to switch to a free site instead of paying for something I really wasn't using. So here I will now reside . . .

To start off the new Year, I have chosen my "word" for the year. Ali Edwards came up with this idea last year about choosing a single word to use as your word for the year . . . something you would like to achieve and/or live your life by. Didn't do a word last year, but thought it would be a good idea to have one this year. So without further adieu, my word for 2008 is calm.

calm (adj) freedom from agitation; tranquillity; serenity

Needless to say, I get far too upset about quite a few things. It is definitely time for me to calm down and not let things, especially those that I have no control over, get to me. My sisters, Judy and Cathe, have also chosen words for the year . . . Judy chose focus and Cathe chose balance. Great words for both of them! So what is your word?

Well folks, that is about it for today. Have a great one!

2 comments:

lessilly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lessilly said...

My word is present: (adj) existing or happening now; attentive; actually here or involved

This word actually has two meaning for me. (1) Working during the day leaves me with such little time to spend quality time with my family. With Aiden growing so quickly, I need to be more conscientious about being as involved with him (and my husband) as I can. (2) A continuous challenge for me is to do things now and not put them off until I get all stressed out about their urgency. I am going to work to finish my tasks promptly so I can be more efficient with part one.