Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Well, One Winter Weather Advisory Did Not Pan Out . . .

but according to the Weather Channel another storm is on its way! Last night our temperatures plummeted from the 50s to single digits in a few short hours. The winds howled and the rains came but no snow. A number of schools were delayed two hours this morning but we started on time. Now they are calling for up to 6 - 10 inches of snow Thursday evening through Friday evening . . . can you say school cancellation on Friday . . . keep your fingers crossed!

Three of my students all come from a small district west of Elida and lo and behold their district canceled school today. When I went in this morning I knew that they were on a two hour delay and by 9 AM I heard that they had canceled. Guess there was a power issue in the district . . . don't quite understand how that affects the transportation of students to neighboring districts but it made for a very pleasant day for Joyce and myself. With just one student, who needless to say had a lot of make-up/missed homework to complete, we got a ton of things done. I got all my weekly reports together and got caught up on grading. Also started planning for my 2 days off next week, when I am at a special education conference in Columbus. Feels great to have my desk back under control again!

Since calm is my word for the year I found this neat poster on-line on Ali Edwards's blog. She posted a link to some places to buy the poster . . . it's a reproduction of a British poster from World War II. Well I ordered 3 of them from a store in England, Barter Books. Places here in the US want a minimum of $20.00 a piece and I bought all three of mine for $29 and that includes shipping. Going to put one of them in my computer/scrap room and one in my classroom at school. Not sure about the third one, so if you are interested in one, let me know.

Well guess that is all the news here in Lima that is fit to print. Have a great evening everyone! Stay warm!

No comments: