Saturday, January 5, 2008

I Could Eat Him Up . . .

said the loving Nana! Thought I would post this layout I did at my weekend crop I went to in November up in Novi, MI. It is a layout for my Autumn Leaves/Basic Grey 2006 album that I have working away on for the last 2 years. I had hoped to have the album done by the end of 2007, but sadly to say, that is not to be. Anyway back to talking about the actual layout, which by the way was inspired by a layout made by Leslie Lightfoot, whose style I absolutely love . . . Boy, that girl can work with embellishments! . . . is a picture of Aiden that Leslie took back in September. Isn't he the cutest little boy you have ever seen? I even used this photo to make stamps from photostamps.com up for Mark's mom, June, for Christmas. (Shh, don't tell, but my mom will also be getting a sheet for her birthday in March too.) Love, love spending time with him and actually watching him grow, right before our very eyes!

My sister, Cathe, has really taken off with my, via Ali Edwards, idea of having a single word to focus on during 2008. She is getting a number of her friends to also embrace the idea and it has been interesting seeing what everyone is coming up with. After hearing about all the different words that people are choosing, I thought about possibly changing mine, but I have decided to stick with calm. Actually, it is working quite well for me. Yesterday, I was in the middle of a phone conversation with a parent, and the parent simply did not want to listen to what I had to say. So after mentally telling myself to remain calm, I was able to refocus our discussion . . . Didn't help with our discussion, but it sure as heck helped me out. Check out some of the words in the sidebar, that some people I know have chosen as their word. So come on, think of a word . . . It is amazing what a difference one word can make! Let me know what word you come up with and I will add it to the list.

Well folks, time to get it in gear. Have to head off to the grocery store . . . the cupboard is bare . . . and get some things accomplished around here. Also hope to get a ton of scrapping done for Lifetime Moments WinterFest Challenges . . . gotta earn those discounts, you know! Overcast, rainy, and a high of 39 degrees expected today. A perfect day to scrap! Have a great day everyone!

No comments: