Monday, January 28, 2008

Monday Morning . . . Enough Said . . .

New student coming again today. Should be interesting . . . Not real sure how this one is going to work out. Seems like a nice enough kid but a lot of behavior issues. Just have to keep telling myself to stay calm and to remember that it is "my room, my rules".

Got one more layout done yesterday. Took this picture a mere 6 days after our 3+ inch snow storm January 2 . . . could not believe that all, and I mean all, of our snow had disappeared! No piles, no nothing! The papers used in this layout are from my December kit from Little Red Scrapbook and the design was inspired by one of their designers, Katrina Huerta. That's one of the big reasons I like to get kits each month. Everything is all matched up like I like it, and the kits force me to use papers and embellishments that I would normally not use.

Watched parts of the Rolex 24 at Daytona . . . the official start of 'Speed Weeks' down in Daytona. Less than 3 weeks until the Daytona 500! Mark and I can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel . . . or what we fondly call the "Dark Time" here at home . . . the official start of the 2008 NASCAR season! We read last week that Mark's driver, Dale Jarrett or as all his friends refer to him . . . DJ, has taken a job as the color analyst for ESPN/ABC NASCAR broadcasts. This means we will be seeing a lot of him come the second half of the season when the races are broadcast on ESPN and ABC.

Guess that is about all for this morning. Going to go make myself a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast . . . high of 46 degrees predicted for today . . . have a great day everyone!

No comments: