Saturday, February 2, 2008

So Picture This . . .

Yesterday morning 10:55 AM, 7:55 AM PST. I am logged into the Reserve America website. At that exact same time, Cathe is sitting at home in California, logged into the same website on 2 different computers. Each of the computers is set up to try to reserve a cottage at the Crystal Cove State Park in Laguna Beach for this coming August. At actually 11 AM, I hit the "reserve this site button" and Cathe does the same at her end. The "checking availability" bar starts working and we patiently wait . . . . and wait . . . . and wait. Then in flash we both get . . . . . NOT AVAILABLE! Can you believe it? Not one stinking cottage was available! The entire month of August was sold out in under 1 minute . . . . Those must be some amazing cottages! So it looks like it is on to Plan B for our summer getaway . . . .

Actually ended up spending the day in my pjs yesterday. Started feeling a bit grody around 1PM, so I did take a shower, but it was back in my jammies for the remainder of the day. Loved, loved it! Looks like we missed the bullet on our winter storm yesterday. From what I can tell, it tracked a bit west of us. We got rain, some ice, and just a dusting of snow. Maybe we could have gone to school after all, but this teacher is not complaining . . . Loved my snow day!!

Scrapped the day away. Got this layout done for my Summer 2007 album yester-day morning. It is a picture of Aiden that Leslie took when we were in the Outer Banks last summer. They brought his automatic swing with them and Aiden would sleep in the swing all the time. Don't know exactly who put the sun glasses on him, but isn't it an adorable picture! Got my inspiration for the layout from a sketch by Shimelle Laine I found on line on the Pencil Lines blog. Great place for ideas . . . check it out.

Guess that is just about it for this morning. Not much on the schedule today. Maybe I'll scrapbook . . . . Sounds like a plan! Have a great day everyone!

No comments: