Friday, February 1, 2008

Sitting Here Waiting . . .

for Elida school to finally do something about the "weather" that is expected in the area this morning. We were supposed to get 1 - 3 inches of snow last night but it looks like that didn't happen. Guess it is pretty icy out there instead. The Weather Channel says that there is still more ice and snow on the way . . . come on Elida, decide what to do! Just called Leslie because Shawnee is on a 2-hour delay. . . .

Right on . . . we just canceled!! It has been a rough week at school. I am having a lot of issues with one of my students . . . definitely need the break. Next week I am in Columbus for two days, so that will make for a nice little respite. Then for the next two weeks we only have 4 days with students each week . . . . Monday February 11 is a teacher in-service day and Monday February 18 is President's Day! February is definitely shaping up into a great month . . . Oh, the life of a teacher!

Just did my weekly weigh-in for our biggest loser contest at school . . . another 2 pounds lost. I've been drinking too much Pepsi this week, especially at work . . . seems to go hand-in-hand with behavior issues in the classroom . . . so seeing a loss this week was a pleasant surprise. I still have a ton of weight to lose but 2 pounds a week is my goal.

This morning at 8AM PST, my sister Cathe is going to attempt to reservation a cottage at Crystal Cove State Park in Laguna Beach for this coming August. Hoping that she is able to reserve one because then Leslie and Aiden, Kate, and I will hopefully fly out for an "all-girl" getaway along with my sister Judy. These cabins are right on the ocean and you can only reserve them 6 months in advance . . . August goes on sale today . . . keeping my fingers crossed.

Well I'm off to plan my day . . . Let's see, I think I will scrap, scrap, and scrap some more! Have a great day everyone!

No comments: