Thursday, February 21, 2008

Has It Been Four Days . . .

since I last said "hi" to everyone? Don't know where the time has flown . . . . What's so funny is that there really hasn't been a whole lot going on lately . . . . Just kind of been in a funky mood I guess.

First off, let me say I LOVED the finish of the Daytona 500 . . . . Truly happy to see Ryan Newman win the race! Where in the heck did he come from? Sorry Kyle Busch . . . . Remember the fastest car doesn't always win the race. Talk about teamwork! Maybe folks will keep off Kurt's back for a week or two. He exemplified teamwork to the nth degree.

Even though I said I was going to scrap all weekend, and in the technical sense I did, I sure didn't get a whole lot done. Seems like all I did was 'stare' a lot. Here is one of my favorites from the weekend. I took this picture of Logan and Aiden at our January Christmas gift exchange with the boys down at Kate and Jamie's. Played with it a little using PhotoShop Elements, enlarged, and printed it out here at home. Let me tell you, our new printer rocks when it comes to printing black and white! No more red or green tints with my black and whites. Found the idea for this layout over the weekend as I purged some of my old scrapbook magazines. It was a layout by Candace Leonard in the April 2007 Scrapbooks Etc.

Mark and I are having a mini-competition to see who walks the most on the treadmill in a week. Loser has to do the dishes, loading and unloading the dishwasher, for a month. Right now I am ahead by 3 minutes. I figure even if I lose, I really won't be doing any more than I already do, since I do the dishes most of the time anyway, but if I win . . . . fab-u-lous!

Well, I think I will start thinking about the upcoming day . . . . Have a meeting over at the county office after school and then I need to drop my car off at our local car fix-it place so they can check out a small transmission leak tomorrow. Hope it is nothing major. Keeping my fingers crossed. Have a great day everyone!

No comments: