Sunday, February 17, 2008

Bob and Sheri . . .

Most mornings as I get ready for work and drive into work, I listen to the radio. It used to be that I listened to WJR out of Detroit, but for at least 10 years now, the program I listen to is the Bob & Sheri show. Bob & Sheri orginates out of the Charlotte, NC area and I have come to view our time together each morning as the perfect way to start my day.

I have been there as Sheri got engaged in Greece, married, became first a step-mom to Eric and then an actual mom to two little girls, wrote two books, and now is in the midst of a huge home improvement project. I have been there to listen to stories from her early childhood, which by the way was dysfunctional to say the least; hear about the trials and tribulations of being a working mom; and laugh out loud at the stories about her 'Grandma Black Hair'. I have been there as Bob has raised three children, felt the stress of a marriage coming to an end, and listened to his love for Maine and lobster. I love "Bob's Rules", the notion of the 'cone of safety', and how they have become a small part of my everyday life. I find it funny just how much Bob and Sheri feel just like old friends that you talk to constantly and know so much about, but they know nothing about me.

Well yesterday, I got to meet Bob and Sheri! The local radio station, 107.1, brought them in for a meet and greet/book signing. Leslie and I went up to the mall and stood in line for close to an hour to be able to meet them. Loved it! Thanks Bob and Sheri for taking the time to spend a minute or two with us and learn a little bit about my life!


Scrapped some yester-day, but not as much as I had hoped. Finally got this layout done about our after-Christmas celebration with the boys. I am totally in love with the pictures on the page, but I keep feeling like it needs a little bit of something more. Finally gave up trying to tweak it . . . done is done! Actually used my new printer to add the journaling directly onto the page. Now, at least I can tell Mark that I have printed on one 12x12 layout.

Watched Tony Stewart drive to a win in the Nationwide series race down in Daytona Saturday afternoon. Hey by the way, today is the Daytona 500!!! Let the NASCAR season begin!!!

Met Leslie, Christopher, and Aiden for dinner in Wapak last night. It was a pleasant surprise that we hadn't planned on. I swear, Aiden ate more of my fries than I did! Actually I should say that he handled more of my fries than I did, since 90% of what he ate actually ended up on the floor and not in his mouth!

42 degrees and rainy here right now. Well folks, I am out of here . . . . Have a marvelous day!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Very cool! I'm a huge fan.