Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Sick Day and Now a . . .

2 hour delay! Yesterday I took an honest to goodness sick day. Over Christmas break I contracted a case of conjunctivitis (i.e. pink eye but that sounds so juvenile). After going to the urgent care place here in town on Christmas Day, I got a prescription and quickly started feeling better. Fast forward 10 days and I still didn't feel quite up to snuff. My eyes were still swollen and stinging like a bee. Got an appointment with my own doctor and headed in there yesterday . . . hence the sick day. Looks like I developed an allergic reaction to the eye drops for the conjunctivitis and that was what was causing the current problem. Told to pitch the original drops and I was put on a new eye drop, to offset the allergic reaction, and a 24 Claritin tablet. Feeling much much better this morning!

Yesterday's Ten on Tuesday list was 10 Things You Want to Do in 2009, so here is my list . . .
  1. return to the Outer Banks for vacation this summer
  2. make ScrapScription a viable on-line business
  3. read the Bible
  4. read and/or listen to a book each month
  5. learn to digitally scrapbook and simply scrapbook more
  6. lose weight
  7. run a 5K
  8. make the appropriate decisions for my mother's care
  9. start using PowerPoints at school
  10. chill more and take time to smell the roses

Heading down to Powell this weekend to scrapbook with the Tarragon Scrappers. Looks like we have a number of new women joining our group, so it should be a fun day. Since I am going to be in the Columbus area thought I would take the time to stop in at Dream Dinners and make up some dinners. Lori is going to go with me to the 8 AM session and that should be fun. Going to be making five chicken meals, two beef, and a delicious sounding mango glazed pork chop. Can't wait to start doing this again . . . Love having great meals already to simply heat up and eat!

Thought I would share this layout with you that I did back in November while I was at the Lifetime Moments crop. Got the idea from Janna Wilson from one of her sketches from a Got Sketch? on-line class that I signed up for earlier this year.

Well guess I had best use this 2 hour delay to my advantage. Think I will go in and clean up the kitchen. Have a great day everyone!

No comments: