Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I Simply Love . . .

all the new ways to send a message! Our weather this morning is kind of yucky; snowing, windy, and falling temperatures. Already this morning I have received a text message from WLIO, our local TV station, telling about a 2-hour delay at Elida; an email from the school about the delay; and even a phone call from the Alert Now system that Elida is beta testing this school year! Love, love, love technology!!

Can you believe it? I actually scrapped this weekend! It has been over 2 months since I scrapped . . . with the holidays and all, things have been kind of weird around here and I have not been in the mood to scrap lately. Last time I actually scrapped was at the LM crop back in November . . . very sad state of affairs don't you think? Anyhow, the new year of challenges has begun with the Tarragon Scrappers and I needed to complete a project using a scallop by January 15. That was an easy challenge since I love using scallops. Here's what I came up with . . .

Papers for this layout are all from Scarlet Lime September kit I received and the design is based on a layout by Valerie Salmon I found on the their website.

Also did this layout for our January sketch challenge. Really liking how this one turned out! The sketch for this layout can be found on the Inspired Blueprints blog and I used Christy's 8.5 x 11 design and 'lifted' it. Loved how the green Bazzill cardstock went off the edges of the background and these pictures of Aiden at Christmas were perfect for this sketch.

Guess that is about it for today. I'll post my Ten on Tuesday list tomorrow . . . "10 Things You're Really Good At". Keep your fingers crossed for a cancellation today . . . Have a great day everyone!

No comments: