Friday, January 1, 2010

Let the Good Times Roll . . . Welcome to 2010!

First of all I must admit, Mark and I once again slept through ringing in the new year . . . sorry state of affairs isn't it?

I remember thinking as a child, if I was waiting for something to happen, how long it seemed to take for the event to occur. Then why as an adult, does it seem like time just flies by? I cannot believe that we are already entering the second decade of this century and 2009 has already drawn to a close.  Needless to say there have been a number of changes and additions to my life in the past ten years, so I thought it would be fun to take a look at a few of them . . .

1.  I would have to say that the biggest change is that I am now a grandma and I love each moment that Aiden calls me "Mena".



2.  Right along those same lines, I offically became a mother-in-law when Leslie and Christopher were married in 2001 and a "bonus" grandma when Kate and Jamie married in June 2005.

3.  I earned a Masters in special education in August 2004.



4.  Sadly, I am no longer a daughter-in-law with the passing of June in July 2008.



5.  I am now the co-owner of my own on-line scrapbooking business, ScrapScription.



6.  I own an iPod, iPhone, orange Dell laptop, shot only digital photographs, and drive a cranberry PT Cruiser.

7.  I (or should I say, Mark) no longer have to rack leaves or mow a lawn since we moved into our condo in October 2006.



8.  I have actually taught students with behavior disabilities since September 2000 and for the most part have actually grown to enjoy it.



9.  I have now traveled to 49 of the 50 states in the United States.



10.  I how have more scrapbook 'stuff' than I know what to do with.

So there you have it, ten things that have changed for me over the past ten years . . . What would you list include?

No comments: