Sunday, January 31, 2010

California Dreamin'

Hard to believe that just a short week ago I was sitting at the DoubleTree in Anaheim awaiting the start of CHA.  All I can say right now is at least the sun is shining today here in Ohio but other than that the contrast is mind boggling . . . Can we say 5 degrees at the moment!?

Anyway, how about a little wrap-up on Winter 2010 CHA?  One of the biggest changes that I noticed this year is that both Lori and I were far better organized when it came to picking out products for upcoming kits.  Since at this show, we not only decide on what we are going to use for our monthly kits through August, but we also plan on what we are going to use for our kits at Mega Meet in May.  All I can say is WOW!!  I totally love all that we picked out. 

Over the last year I have learned that the product/ideas must 'speak' to Lori and fit into what she likes to work with.  In other words, getting her to use bright primary colors is not going to happen too often.  So you can imagine my joy when we happened upon this new line from Doodlebug that was perfect for this August's ScrapScriber travel album and Lori loved it too!  Can't wait to see what she does with this . . .


Another line that I am completely blown away with is Pink Paislee's Queen Bee collection.  Pink Paislee has come up with the coolest twill strips that have so many possibilities.  Check out these flowers that were made using the strips . . .




Enough about CHA . . . the trip was whirlwind but a lot of fun nonetheless.  Mark and Gregg put over 500 miles on the rental car, we ate well (California Pizza Kitchen, Buca Di Beppo . . .  fabulous hot spinach salad that will not disappoint . . . , and Outback Steakhouse), visited with my nephew Trey at dinner Saturday night, our flights were seamless, and I had a great time spending 2 days with my sister Cathe at the show.


Well I gotta run folks!  Lots to do today and this sure isn't the way to get it done.  Be on the lookout for my "Tale of the Scale" update tomorrow . . . hopefully I'll be brave enough to report the results.  Have a great day!

No comments: