Monday, February 8, 2010

Weekend Wrap-up . . .

We ended up getting a good 8+ inches of snow.  Once it finally started snowing at a good clip around 6 PM it really kept on going until early morning on Saturday.  The blowing was amazing . . . parts of our lawn were not snow covered at all and other parts had 3 foot drifts.  Took them until after 4 PM to plow us out.  Finally got out and about yesterday.  We are currently under a 2 hour delay . . . a lot of the roads are still snow covered and slick.  Looks like another storm is heading our way.  Supposed to hit late tonight and all day tomorrow.

Looking out of our garage before they came around to plow.  The drifting was amazing!

Looking across our driveway once the plow came by.

Since my crop down in Columbus was postponed I actually did some scrapping at home this weekend.  Did this layout for my Hawaii album.  Slowly but surely I am working on layouts for this book.  The photo was taken at a Japanese garden park we found in downtown Hilo while we were driving around.  Very pretty and serene place.


This layout is a picture I took while at CHA just a couple of weeks ago in Anaheim.  My sister, Cathe, spent two days with Lori and me at the show.  The first day she pretty much just followed us around but on the second day she spent a good part of the day doing make and takes.  She is sitting here making a necklace using Tim Holtz Ideology products at the Tim Holtz booth.


Watched Daytona qualifying on Saturday . . . great job Mark Martin . . . , fell asleep during the Shootout Saturday night, and watched the Super Bowl last night.  Didn't do much else all weekend.  Kind of nice to just stay hunkered down here at home both days.  Made a big batch of vegetable soup that we ate throughout the weekend.

Well I had best get my butt in gear and start getting ready for school.  Need to leave a tad earlier than usual so I can stop at the bank on my way in.  Have a great day everyone!

No comments: