Friday, February 5, 2010

To Snow or Not to Snow . . . That is the Question . . .

They say it is going to snow here today but so far no snow. Even without it snowing, the weather is playing havoc with my weekend plans.

Lori and I were supposed to go to a crop at Scrapbook Art in Columbus this weekend. We had scheduled massages and everything at Charles Penzone for this evening. Yesterday, when it looked as if the weather was not going to be real favorable for me to get there in time for the appointments, we decided to cancel the massages. Okay, no problem, we'll just do it another time.

Spent the better part of last night getting all of my stuff together for the crop. Since I haven't been scrapping much lately on a regular basis, it took some doing to put together my page kits. Got up this morning at 4:30 AM and finished getting all of my stuff organized and my clothes packed. Loaded the car all up before school and headed into work. Around mid-morning, I got a text from Lori saying that the crop had been postponed until March 5. UGH! I looked outside and wondered why . . . no snow here, but I guess it is really coming down in Columbus now.

Then to top it all off, I spent 40 minutes on the phone with Hilton Hotels canceling my prepaid reservation for tonight’s, now we don’t need the room, reservation. Not a happy camper when I finally got off of the phone with Hilton but then did cancel the reservation.

So now I've already called Mark and warned him that I will be home this weekend after all. Told him to get the dancing girls out of the condo before I get home tonight. Big up side to this whole cancellation thing . . . I'll be able to watch Daytona qualifying and the Shootout tomorrow. NASCAR season has begun again!  Still have to figure out who I am going to cheer for now that Mikey is retired . . . thinking it might be Tony Stewart and Ryan Newman.

Have a great weekend everyone. Still no snow here yet . . . Hope you all won't have to shovel much.

No comments: