Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Home From the Big City . . .

Busy two days down in Columbus. Rained all the way down and rained all the way home today. I couldn't believe all the flooding we saw on the way home, especially around the Indian Lake area. Totally amazing! Good to be back home. Enjoyed the sessions I took part in, especially the memory and music ones. Great speakers with a ton of motivational ideas. The one great thing about this conference is definitely the way the attendees are treated. Each day starts with a marvelous continental breakfast and at lunch we served a sit down, white table cloth and napkins lunch. Yesterday it was a chicken and rice dish, today it was lasagna, and the desserts are to die for! Between each session is at least a 30 minute break, so you never feel rushed. Enjoyed staying at the Hilton and we all went to Cap City Fine Diner for dinner. Needless to say, a good time was had by all!

So look at what came in the mail today . . . our tickets to the Food City 500 at Bristol Motor Speed-way on March 16. My brother, Dick, is going with Mark and I . . . should be a good time. This will be Dale Jarrett's last official NASCAR points race . . . hence the reason for our trip to the race. Now all I need to do is put in for my personal day as soon as I get to work tomorrow. Should be a fun time, especially since I will be sharing this time with Dick . . . he's a NASCAR virgin!

Well folks, I am dead tired . . . Think I'll be heading off to bed shortly. Stay dry and have a great evening!

No comments: