Monday, January 18, 2010

The Tale of the Scale . . . Week 1

One of the blogs that I read daily, written by scrapbooking guru Cathy Zielske, discussed today taking ownership of her weight/weight loss situation. I really liked what she had to say and really liked the title for her blog entry, so I thought I would use it myself to document my own weight loss journey.


Don't I wish this is what I weighed!

For more years than I can count, my weight has been a huge issue for me. So now here in 2010, it is finally time for me to take ownership of this problem. It is kind of like the elephant in the room type of problem for me. No one ever really talks about it, but it is always there. Food is definitely my addiction. Not in the sense that I eat a whole bag of chips or a half gallon of ice cream in one sitting, but I definitely don’t eat healthy. And when it comes to exercise . . . hey, what’s that?

In order to get this issue under control, here today, on January 18, 2010, I am making it known to whoever gives a darn, that things are going to change. Not that I am going to announce to all who might read this exactly what I weigh today, but let’s say it isn’t a good number. I have weighed more, and even last year I weighed less, and there is certainly a lot to lose.

So let’s get this party rolling! Actually I got it rolling last week when Mark and I started the NutriSystem program. That lasted exactly one day. The food tasted like I was eating acorns and pine needles. We sent all of the food back. For the remainder of the week, I really watched what I ate. I added a lot more fruit and vegetables to my daily intake and cut my intake of Pepsi down to one can a day. I am trying to drink a lot more water. It isn’t that I find drinking water disgusting or anything, I just don’t drink it enough.

As for the exercise part of this equation, I am slowly working on that too. In fact, I ordered these this morning. Leslie and I are discussing the idea about joining the Y down in Wapak and meeting up after school to work out together. More on that later.

Right now, I am not setting any specific goals and plan on tackling one week at a time.  So we will see how it goes.  Anyway, on a lighter note . . . no pun intended . . . I am happy to announce that this past week I lost 4 pounds. Not a Biggest Loser type of first week weight loss but a step in the right direction. Stay tuned for future updates . . .

Have a great day everyone.  It sure is nice having a day off!

2 comments:

lessilly said...

Good job mom! I will do whatever I can to help you on your journey, as long as you don't mind my honesty. See you tomorrow for walking!

scrapdoctor karen said...

Good luck with the weight loss! I am struggling too. I lost 25 pounds a year or so ago but have put 15 back on in the last few months!!! So annoying!!
What worked for me was walking almost every day with friends!!! and doing Weight Watchers Online. Be super strict with yourself until you learn what works.
I know how to do this I just need the will power...sigh... but good luck to you!!!