Tuesday, January 6, 2009

2008 Favorite Layouts . . .

Saw someone post on their blog the other day about their favorite layouts that they completed during 2008. Interesting idea, so I thought I would give it some thought. After reviewing what I got done last year and taking layouts on and off my list, these are the layouts I came up with.

This is probably my favorite layout from my Summer 2007 album, which by the way was an 8 x 8 album. While working on this layout, I feel in love with the 8 x 8 format. Not really the kinds of patterned papers I normally gravitate to but I found this layout on line at Little Red Scrapbook that was perfect for the 'lifting'. Lori came up with the title . . . . which just happens to be the zip code for Freeport, Maine, the home of LL Bean.


Love the buttons up the side of this layout! Because I stopped on the tarmac to take this picture, got in trouble by the ground personal for snapping away. Oh by the way, another 8 x 8 layout from Summer 2008 album.


Pictures of the motel Cathe, Judy, and I stayed at in San Clemente. Love how the colors of the these old KI Fire papers and embellishments play on the Southern California architecture of the motel. (8 x 8 layout)

Scraplift of a Lisa McGarvey layout I found on line. Probably my favorite part of this layout is the angle of the photo that Mark took. (Yet again, an 8 x 8 layout)

This is a layout I worked on for my All About Me album. (Fooled ya here, this is a 9 x 9 page format!) Second time I 'lifted' this design inspired by Leslie Lightfoot. Love the look of the eclectic embellishments across the top of the layout.

One of my favorite layouts I did about Aiden last year. Total scraplift of a Cathy Blackstone layout. Loving all the small pictures showing his growth throughout his first year. Love it when I can go into my stash and find all the same papers that Cathy used on her layout! Most of Cathy's work is done on 12 x 12 pages, so that is what this one is.

Another layout using a lot of photos. Lift of a Tracy Miller layout I found on line. Started mixing 12 x 12 layouts with 8.5 x 11 layouts in Aiden and my 2008 albums. Really liking the look of 12 x 12 layouts.

One of my favorite scrapbook layout designers is Miranda over at Lifetime Moments. This is my take on "Mirandiizing" a layout. In other words, embellishing your layout with lots of buttons, Heide Swapp ghost shapes, and bling! This is also a 12 x 12 layout for my 2008 Album.

Loving the American Crafts travel papers on this layout and the suitcase embellishment. Got the idea for this layout design from Valerie Salmon's Got Sketch? blog. This layout actually goes in my Hawaii 2008 album which I am doing in the 8 x 8 format.

Another take on the same sketch I used for the 9468 Miles layout. Same basic desgn but did this in 12 x 12 format, used using different papers, and switched some design elements around so it doesn't quite look the same. This is my favorite layout of all last year . . . Isn't Aiden the cutest thing ever? I could just kiss that face all day long!!

So there you have it . . . My favorite layouts from last year. Have a great day everyone!

No comments: