Sunday, July 15, 2012

27 Onesies and Frozen Meals

One of our old neighbors/daughters' best friend/our own faux daughter is having a baby shower this afternoon that I will be attending. Julie is already the mother to Hayden and she and her hubby, Shane, will soon be parents to children #2, #3, and #4! Yep, Julie is expecting triplets and they are all boys! Hence the baby shower.

I was fortunate enough to come to come across a great sale on carters.com and was able to pick up 27 preemie onesies for the boys for just over $50 including shipping! I'm really not a huge bargain hunter but I am thrilled with this purchase - SCORE!!

Additionally, one of the items on my summer to do list was to make some dinners for Julie, Shane, and Hayden and the shower seemed the perfect time to do this. Since I've been sucked into the Pinterest vortex all summer, I have come across a ton of make ahead and freeze dinner recipe/websites. I spent some time further poking around and even though I originally choose 6 recipes, finally settled on the following recipes to prepare -
  1. Creamy Chicken Casserole (Once a Month Mom)
  2. Aunt Sissy's Poppy Seed Chicken (Once a Month Mom)
  3. Raspberry Glazed Pork Chops (Once a Month Mom)
  4. Stephanie's Goulash/Beef Stew (The Test Kitchen of Melissa Fallis)
Needless to say the project kind of grew from this point.  I figured that since I was making meals for Julie, I should also make meals for Leslie, my oldest who is also due in October. And since I was making meals for Leslie, I should also make meals for Kate, my youngest. Then I thought, since I am already making 12 meals, why not make 4 more for Mark and myself! And that's what I ended up doing.

I ordered/bought/pick-up all of my ingredients on Thursday and Friday. With Leslie's help, made the Creamy Chicken Casserole and Stephanie's Goulash on Friday. Finished up the last two recipes on Saturday. Everything is now frozen and ready to go to the shower this afternoon. I am definitely proud of my accomplishment.

 Will I do this again? In a heartbeat!

No comments: